As we enter a new decade, rife with a global pandemic, the most violent bear market in history, and unprecedented uncertainty, alternative investments continue to be a polarizing topic. Yet, further growth in alternatives is expected. Our report covers three important topics: the meteoric rise, current state, and outlook of alternative investments; a deep dive into the growth drivers of the underlying industries and asset classes; and a four-point call to action for the industry that will become our rallying cry in the coming years.
Here are some of the highlights:
From Then to Now: A 15-Year Lookback
- How alternative investments doubled their global market share between 2003 and 2018
- Why record lows in global interest rates have driven pensions toward alternative investments
- CAIA Member rationales for investing in alternative asset classes
- How alternative assets classes can help responsible investors reap the long-term benefits of both risk mitigation and return enhancement
- Why value creation continues to shift from public markets to private markets