- This event has passed.
Sustainable Investing and ESG Metrics: Revealing the Truth Behind the Numbers
January 20 @ 16:00 - 18:00
Many wealth managers follow automated “robo-advisor” guidance by investing in ESG funds that track sustainability indices and other publicly available metrics. Thus, personal financial planners and investment managers who compete against such advisory services may find it helpful to learn about the “truth behind the numbers.”
In this session, we will review growth trends in the ESG fund industry. We will then engage in a detailed analysis of the investment methodology of the world’s leading set of sustainability indices. Finally, we will review the definitions and constructs of the world’s leading promulgators of ESG metrics and standards.
Major Discussion Topics
– Development of global ESG capital markets
– The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI)
– Roles Played by Robeco SAM and Rep Risk in the DJSI
– Case Study: Exxon Mobil
– The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards
– The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
– IPIECA International Petroleum Industry Metrics