- This event has passed.
Sustainability Investment Leadership Conference
Don’t miss the second annual Sustainability Investment Leadership Conference (SILC), which will examine the various ways that sustainability drives value creation and how it can be used to help manage risk. This year SILC has partnered with the New York State Society of CPAs’ Foundation for Accounting Education and the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable and is being sponsored by the American Bar Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, among others.
Following are some of the specific panels scheduled for this year’s event:
- A Fireside Chat, featuring Barry Melancon, President, American Institute of CPAs and Linda Klein, President, American Bar Association
- Sins of Omission and Commission: Hard Core Risk Management Issues Related to Sustainability
- Supply Chain Management: Supply Contracts Case Study
- Building & Leading the Sustainable Business Through Diversity
- Integrated Reporting: A Practical Perspective From Preparers and Practitioners
- Investing in Sustainable Companies
- Community Engagement as a Business Strategy: Legal, Tax and Business Strategy Considerations
- Commonsense Principles of Corporate Governance
The Sustainability Investment Leadership Conference (SILC) works with accounting, legal and investment companies and employees to integrate sustainability as part of a firm’s overall growth strategy. SILC was founded in 2015 to provide insight on ways accountants and attorneys can incorporate best business practices to align economic opportunity with sustainable policies. SILC’s mission is to educate, encourage and expand the global understanding of sustainability and the impact it has on profitability based on policy, measurement and standards. SILC seeks to spark innovation by discussing ideas that align with economic opportunities and environmental, social, governance and other stewardship to firms’ shareholders and stakeholders. For more information, visit www.silcny.com.
For more information on this event, or to sign up, visit: https://silcny.com/