- This event has passed.
Monthly Call: AI & Machine Learning in Investment Management
05/07/2019 @ 12:00 - 13:00
Machine Learners. New Gen Quant Funds. Quant-amental. Digital Disruption. Human/machine intelligence
Discover the latest trends in quantitative model development. AI and Machine Learning in Investment Management is an insider’s look into the opaque world of quantitative investing and the emergence of Artificial Intelligence, Big and small Data.
- The origins of AI/Machine Learning
- Quants: Then & Now. People, Players & AI/ML Practitioners
- Alternative Investment Data
- Digital Disruption-Amazoned?
Rick Roche, a managing director at Little Harbor Advisors, will separate fact from fiction and hype from reality. Learn how asset managers are deploying algorithms and advanced statistical modeling to classify and monetize varied and differentiated sources of potential alpha. Although quants have not taken over Wall Street (not yet, anyway), you may be surprised to hear just how widespread automated trading systems (ATS) and algorithmic investing are being deployed in today’s equity markets.
He will also touch on who some of the largest practitioners of quantitative investment management and emerging players in the quant investing space are. Increasingly, asset managers are combining human and machine intelligence in the investment decision-making process. There’s a virtual arms race fueled by 500+ alternative data set and tech vendors frantically hiring data scientists, computer engineers and math PhDs. No previous experience required!
Come 2019, the CFA Institute will address emerging FinTech applications by requiring exam takers to have a basic understanding of artificial intelligence, big data and robo-advisory algorithms.
Rick Roche, CAIA, is a managing director at Little Harbor Advisors, which is a sponsor of quantitative investment strategies. He is also the founder of Roche Invest AI, a consultancy specializing in research, integration and promotion of AI, Machine Learning and utilization of alternative investment data in the investment management industry. Roche Invest AI advises on the diffusion and propagation of quantitative investment strategies powered by machine learning, Big Data and Natural Language Processing.
The call will be moderated by Robert Akeson of Mirae Asset Securities (USA).
Directions to access WebEx for the phone call on 5/7 at 12:00pm (EST).
1) Go to: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=MCKGLLSUVGN2X4ZC296Q1QEBF5-OYNB&rnd=542091.21450
2) Add your first and last name to “Your Display Name”.
3) Add an email, and click “Join As Guest”.
4) Click “I Will Call In” on the left side of the screen. This will display the call-in number, access code, and your attendee ID. You can reference the call-in and meeting numbers below, but will need to be logged in to see your attendee ID
Call-in Number: 415-655-0001
Meeting Number: 195 843 183
Attendee ID: You can find this after logging into WebEx