- This event has passed.
Cybersecurity & Business Continuity Challenges in the Work-From-Home Era
October 20 @ 13:00 - 14:00
Join Baker Tilly for an interactive discussion about how the alternative asset community can adapt to business continuity concerns and elevated cybersecurity threats in the new work-from-home era. We’ll be featuring a Q&A session with Michael Von Bevern, the partner and co-founder of Socium, LLC, which provides fund administration solutions and Russ Sommers, a senior manager with Baker Tilly, who focuses on third party risk management and cybersecurity.
Working from home has become commonplace for many businesses—changing the landscape of business continuity and emerging cybersecurity threats. While business leaders are inundated with internal and external guidance, it is vital for organizations to break through the clutter to understand their vulnerabilities. Companies have become increasingly dependent on new technologies and outsourcing, making third party risk management more important than ever.
Our team of Value Architects™ will discuss:
- Why cybersecurity and business continuity is pertinent right now, common fraud schemes and data protection challenges due to COVID-19
- How clients have changed internal processes and relationships with investors and service providers in response to cyber threats
- Preparedness for a cyberattack and determining time and monetary capabilities
- Predictions on what the SEC will focus on this year and client awareness of the NY Shield Act
- How returning to the office will impact business, what it will look like and how to prepare to welcome your workforce back
Who should attend:
- Individuals in the alternative asset community, investment advisors, private equity leaders and broker-dealers
- Matthew O’Rourke
- Russ Sommers
- Michael Von Bevern, Partner and Co-founder of Socium, LLC