- This event has passed.
Asset Allocation & COVID-19
July 29 @ 12:00 - 13:00
The COVID-19 pandemic upended virtually everything, and that includes asset allocation and the way that alternative investors should approach it. While policy decisions sped up certain things, they slowed others, leaving investors having to re-think asset allocation decisions. Join the New York Alternative Investment Roundtable for a discussion with Henrik Lumholdt, a partner in Copenhagen Allocation Partners and author of “Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation: An Integrated Approach,” who will outline the key principles of his investment approach and discuss how and why many of them challenge conventional thinking about asset allocation.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Why the COVID-19 recovery phase may last longer than people think
- Key drivers in the current investment environment
- How Strategic Asset Allocation and Tactical Asset Allocation complement one another
- The implications of Tactical Asset Allocation
- The importance of the business cycle from an investment perspective
- How to gauge unclear policy decisions
Henrik Lumholdt is a partner in Copenhagen Allocation Partners, an investment advisory. His previous roles include Chief Investment Officer of Spain’s largest asset management company, BBVA AM; Chief Economist for Bank of America, Spain; Head of Fixed Income Research at FG/Merrill Lynch; and Senior Economist for Nordea Bank. He has been an adjunct professor of economics and finance at IE Business School since 2001 and has won numerous prizes for outstanding teaching.